The Little Hedgehog places a great deal of importance on customer privacy and will always treat your personal data with the utmost care
The Little Hedgehog is committed to protecting the privacy of those using our site and the confidentiality of the personal information that our customers provide us with. This policy covers the information we collect from you to process orders and for marketing purposes. The Little Hedgehog will never sell personal information under any circumstances. The Little Hedgehog will never share personal information with third parties unless strictly necessary in order to provide services to you or fulfil your order.
At The Little Hedgehog, we use the information we collect to serve our customers in the following ways:
• When you place an order online with The Little Hedgehog, we store your personal information with regard to your order for the purpose of processing and fulfilling that order. However, we do not store credit/debit card details.
• When ordering from The Little Hedgehog website, you can choose whether to create an account, for which we will securely keep information (such as your name, email address, delivery and billing addresses, and payment details) so you won’t have to enter this each time you return to The Little Hedgehog, or to use our guest checkout, for which you will input those details for every order. If you use our guest checkout, we will only use the details you provide us with to process and fulfil your order, including updating you about the status of your order.
• When an online order is placed, the information needed to complete it is transferred securely from our website to our in-house ordering system. We need to know your name, email address, delivery address, billing address and payment details. This information enables us to fulfil your order and keep you informed of the progress of your order. If you wish to have your details removed after the completion of your order and the expiration of any applicable refund period, please contact us here.
• The uses for which we collect information include administering any accounts, processing and obtaining payment, preventing or detecting fraud, and running any prize draws or competitions you may enter. In so doing, we will provide your personal information to our employees and third-party agents only for such purposes as are strictly necessary.
• If you opt in to any of our email newsletters, your details will also be used to analyse your browsing and shopping preferences. We may use this data to show you personalised adverts, or to select and tailor products, services or special discounts that we think you’ll be interested in hearing about as part of our marketing programme.
• If you have signed up to any of our email newsletters, The Little Hedgehog will send you emails periodically, showing you offers, promotions, news, event details and similar. If you wish to remove your details from the mailing list at any time, simply click the unsubscribe link in any of our newsletter emails.
• If (in your The Little Hedgehog website account preferences or other sign-up methods) you have selected to allow us to contact you, we may use these details and any updated contact details you give us to contact you by mail, telephone, email, text message or otherwise (according to your preferences) to let you know about these offers. We may also monitor or record our telephone conversations with you to ensure consistent service levels, to prevent or detect fraud, and for training and regulatory purposes.
• In carrying out any of the activities specified in this section, in the event that data is temporarily transferred outside the European Economic Area, your information will be afforded the level of protection required under applicable UK data protection legislation.
•You have the following rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR):
· To request access to your personal data.
· To request the correction of your personal data.
· To request the erasure of your personal data.
· To object to the processing of your personal data.
· To request a restriction in the processing of your personal data.
· To request the transfer of your personal data.
· To withdraw your consent.
If you are unhappy about how we are using your information or how we have responded to your request, then you should initially contact us here. If your complaint remains unresolved then you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), whose details are available at www.ico.org.uk.
This policy is effective as of 1st June 2021.
How We Analyse and Advertise Google Analytics and AdWords
We use Google Analytics to analyse the use of this website, and we may use Google AdWords to advertise our services.
Links to Other Websites